Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Because you have a voice, let it be heard! It's so important to vote. I get so tired of people complaining about problems that California is facing, yet when you ask them if they vote, they say, "No. My vote won't count, anyways." YES IT WILL!! If everyone had this type of attitude, would California EVER change?? NO!! That is such a FALSE lie that your vote will not count, because if everyone believed that lie, then and only then would it be true, because no one would be voting. BUT, because not everyone does this, your voice counts! EVERY vote counts! If you want something to change, then vote. If you want a different political person in office, then vote. If you want to see change, then vote. BUT, you do not have the right to complain, if you will not exercise our freedom to let our opinions be heard, if you do vote. SO many people take advantage of this freedom that we Americans have. Not only do I see young adults take advantage of this freedom, but older adults, too. Younger adults excuses usually are, "My vote won't count. Or I do not know anything about politics" And older adults excuses are, "California has been the same since I was younger, and it will always be this way." My defense to the younger adults is, if you don't know anything about politics, THEN EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THEM!!! My defense to the older adults, is if you have this type of mentality, then yes, California will always be the same, so get rid of this type of mentality, and exercise your freedom to vote!! These are invalid excuses (and the keyword is excuse). So many people fought to get this freedom for all Americans, yet so many people take advantage of it. We are so privileged here in America to have this freedom, because so many other people in this world do NOT have this freedom.

You may ask me, "What brought you to feel this way today?" Well I overheard some people talking at work. One lady asked a young girl, "Did you vote," to which she responded, "On what?" WOW, how naive can you be? All the T.V. commercials have been politically based, and she has no clue that today is election day???!!?? WOW. The conversation then continued, to which the girl asked another girl sitting next to her, "Do you vote?" And she responded "No. I don't vote. I only vote for presidential candidates, and the first one I had in awhile was this last one." The young girl said, "Is that because he was black?" And the girl said, "Yes" and laughed (because she is black, as well). To me, that response just gets under my bones, and makes me so furious! I do not understand the concept of voting for some one, just because they share the same skin color as you. That is just wrong. And yes, I did say it! Don't vote for someone because they share this commonality with you, vote for someone because they have the same views as you, they believe the same things as you, and they take a stand for what you take a stand for. NOT FOR SKIN COLOR!!

If you do not vote, then you have no right to complain about issues that keep arising in California. If you complain about high taxes; politicians that are making so much money, yet the rest of California is struggling; unfair issues with welfare; pro-life issues, and you do NOT vote, then BE QUIET!!! This is basically what you are doing by not voting. You are telling the world that you do not care, and you do not want your voice to be heard, yet all of us have to hear your voices complain. So why do you not put your complaints down in the poles?? That would be much better use of yours and our time (of those who vote). It doesn't matter which way you vote, I do not care about that, just vote. Educate yourself about the issues at stake, and about the politicians that are running; it's really not that hard to do. God made each of us unique with our own unique individuality. Show everyone your individuality, and VOTE!

Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, I just had to get this out to the world.




I voted, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment