Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I Do"

Six months ago today, Adam and I began our lives together with one simple phrase: "I do." Our lives have not been the same ever since. We have experienced growth as a couple in many ways: learning more about each other and falling deeper in love with each other are just two ways.


I know that this is a very "immature" milestone in comparison to other couples, but we find it significant as it begins the many milestones we wish to encounter throughout our marriage; in what we hope will be a never-ending fairy-tale ♥. We do not expect anything to be easy, but as we are both competitive, we face the challenge head-on!!


This past week I came across a quote that I have found to be especially true:


"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen


As you learn more and more about a person, especially one's spouse, you come across areas in their life that you do not understand. One may never "completely" understand, no matter how hard they may try, however, it does not mean you love them any less. Everyone has their flaws; no one is perfect, yet we try so hard to perfect every imperfection. I think this quote fits perfectly in what I have learned from God, in the last six months of our marriage. Here are some reflections back on the day that began it all, July 16, 2010.



~~After our first meet~~


~~With our wedding party~~


~~Our first of many, married kisses~~


~~The first dance~~


We pray that we will spend many years together, fall deeper and deeper in love, and learn more and more how to keep God in the center of our relationship. We welcome any and all prayers for our marriage, now and in the years to come. I cannot wait until we reach other important milestones in our marriage, but most importantly, I am so glad that my answer was "YES!!!" ♥


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment