Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just What I Needed

I have been so encouraged by family & friends, and it has only been 2 days since Adam has been at boot camp!! One of my friends in particular from APU, Natalie, really touched my heart by her encouraging words. She sent me a long email, and one thing really encouraged me. She said,


"Honestly, if anyone can handle this it is definitely you. You are really strong, and Im not just saying that. You can hold your own and be strong and independent when the time calls for it."


I really appreciate her encouraging words. Even just the fact that she sent me the email, I was encourgaged enough; the words she expressed on the email was just a bonus!! Thanks Nat!! I really appreciate, not just her, but all my family & friends caring words so far!


Another encouraging thing was the Jeremy Camp concert my brother and I went to on Friday. I have loved Jeremy Camp since, FOREVER, and have seen him in concert before, but this time it was different. Listening to Jeremy Camp is what has made my attitude and emotions held together so strong the last couple of months. I knew that I needed to hear his music yesterday, which is why I asked my brother to come with me. Not to my surprise at all, his music really moved me, and touched me in ways that is hard to describe, but I'll try. He sings a song entitled, Walk by Faith. I knew the words to the song before coming to the concert, but I guess I just forgot them at that very moment. Before he sang the song he opened it up with these words: "If you are doubting God in your life, for some reason or another, do not look at the brokenness in all your life. Instead, look at all the times that God has been faithful." I felt as if he was talking direcly to me at that very moment. Then he sang the song. I couldn't even sing the words, because I felt so convicted. Here are the lyrics:


Would I believe you when you would say Your hand will guide my every way Will I receive the words You say Every moment of every day [chorus] Well I will walk by faith Even when I cannot see Well because this broken road Prepares Your will for me Help me to win my endless fears You've been so faithful for all my years With one breath You make me new Your grace covers all I do yeah, yeah , yeah, yeah, yeah, ya [chorus] Well I'm broken- but I still see Your face Well You've spoken- pouring Your words of grace"


It's not as if I am doubting Gods existence, but rather doubting that God will get us both through these times ahead of us. God spoke to me during the 1st line of the song. At that point I was balling in tears. God was telling me that I have not even been believing that He is compable of getting us both through these times. I am doubting God's capabilities when I think thoughts that tell me that I am all alone, and am living in fear. But, how dare I doubt God's abilities! God is bigger than my problems! God has had my life planned since before I was conceived; He has gone through my life. He knows what is to come tomorrow, next week, five years from now, and thirty. God is bigger than the box we try to confine Him to. He made the whole world; every creature on the planet. He cared for me so much, that He would create me. Now why don't I think he would care for me now? He has been SO faithful to me in my life, why do I think He will all of a sudden let me down now?


Please be reminded of this verse, Mathew 19:26 "With God all things are possible." There are three keys words that consist of this verse: with, all, are. When we are WITH God, ALL things ARE possible. Therefore, it means that nothing is impossible when we are with God. However, without God, all things are not possible: we have to be with God for all things to be possible. I thank God for speaking to me so vividly during this worship experience. I love our God, because He is so good!!!

Here are some pics:

I soak up every opportunity to wear my rain boots; it was pouring before/after

(no pun intended :)


His amazing performance

During the concert; so excited!

Please continue to be in prayer for Adam & I. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. 'With faith like a mustard seed you can move mountains!'

    This is what happened with me during the mental hospital and my suicide attempt and all the time after...This is what is happening during Josh and Lisa's birth of Jaxton...with just little amounts of faith God is rocking our world and moving our mountain! This is what is/has happened with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put: with little amounts of faith, God is rocking our world!! Absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete