Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rantin' & Ravin'

I thought that I would take a quick opportunity to rant and rave about the commute that I have to take to school and volunteering every day. My commute can range anywhere between 45 minutes (on a beautiful day) to 1 and a half hours (on a disastrous day). You never know whether the day is going to be beautiful or disastrous, so I have learned that you always have to prepare for the worst and leave early no matter what.

Here are 10 things I hate about my commute (and traffic):

~Traffic anytime before 5 should be illegal!
~Blinding rays of sun light that beam into your mirrors in the morning
~Cars that drive dangerously too fast
~Cars that zoom in-and-out of lanes
~Cars that drive below the speed limit, that are not in the right lane!!
~Traffic that is caused by no apparent reason
~Traffic that is caused by people slowing down to gaze at accidents
~Drivers that are not paying attention to the road
~Drivers that tail-gate, when you are going the speed limit (or a little faster).
~Drivers that have not made up there mind which way they will go.

Since the majority of my time is now spent in my car, I am trying to learn great ways to get through my commute and keep a great attitude throughout its entirety.
Here are two things I have taken on, and also would suggest to anyone who has a big driving commute, too:

~I listen to Christian music so that I have an opportunity to worship, and not let the driving bother me.
~I take the opportunity to pray for every single person in both mine and Adam's family. I am trying to take on the spiritual practice of meditation, to constantly be dwelling in conversation with God throughout the entirety of my day (which is a big learning process!!). I am hoping to fully commit myself to this spiritual practice for life, especially in preparation for being away from Adam for long periods of time, where my greatest strength will have to be relying on the Lord; for everything. As it is just two very short weeks away when Adam leaves for Navy Bootcamp, I plan on taking this opportunity to grown in my relationship with the Lord, to take our relationship to the next level. Please be keeping both Adam and I in your prayers, and the beginning of our life in the military is right around the corner.

Thank you for letting me share my frustrations about traffic :) Love to you all,


2 comments:

  1. I feel you on that! It takes 20 minutes without traffic to get to school and 1-1.5 hours after 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, it's definitely NOT fun, you just have to make it fun!

    ReplyDelete