Thursday, June 30, 2011

Craftin' my Days Away

Since I don't have that much of a schedule or a daily routine right now, most of my days are filled with crafts, sewing, crafts or nothing (to be honest). It has been really fun to enjoy making things, completing projects that have been on my mind, and having the freedom to do these projects while I have the time. Another reason why I have been enjoying working on the projects is I have been including my mom and both of my grandmas in them. This has been especially fun because we not only do you get a person to help you, but it's bonding time that is very special, too. Love these ladies!

Both of the projects I have been working on are for Adam and I am revealing them to him this weekend, so I will update my blog as soon as I can. Speaking of Adam, I get to see him in 2 1/2 short hours away from now. Words cannot express how excited I am for this opportunity, as we are celebrating his 22nd birthday and our anniversary; so this definitely will be a very special weekend for us!! I got up at 5 am this morning because I couldn't sleep due to excitement. :D

This morning I had a longer Bible study due to my lake of sleep, and I was richly blessed by what I read. My goal is to read through the Gospels and I have already read through Mathew and am almost finished with Mark. Here is a passage from Mark 9:21-25, where Jesus heals a father's son who is demon-possessed. It says:

21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”

“From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”

23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”

Verse 24 is specifically what stood out to me. This man thought he was doubting, but was honest enough to admit to Jesus that he believed in him amidst all his unbelief and years of seeing his son deteriorating by this demon. This encouraged me a lot. It also reminds me of song by Josh Wilson entitled They Just Believe, which you can listen to here. The bridge and the chorus of the song says:

"Because my faith feels just like doubt
I don't know what to pray right now

Oh I believe
Please help my unbelief
Jesus give me grace
To trust what I can't see
Your ways are not my own
Some things I'll never know
But you say blessed are the ones who never see
They just believe
"



I hope that you get something out of this passage in Mark and this song by Josh Wilson, because they have enriched my life. May you all have a blessed and safe Fourth of July weekend, too, because I sure will!





No comments:

Post a Comment