Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

Fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday since I was a wee lad. Our family has carried out traditions on the 4th that we still do, which has always been fun! We watch the small town La Verne parade in the morning, followed by an annual family/friend picnic for lunch. In the evening we watch the fireworks and go have home-made ice cream for dessert at my Cooney grandparents house. All-in-all these fun-tivities entail for an amazing day!

On another note, I love this holiday because I am so glad that our country has defended our privilege of freedom for years and years. It's days like these where I am more and more thankful that our country has men and women who thankfully and gratefully currently or previously have fought/ are fighting for our freedom; which makes me so proud to be an American!! Thank you Adam for being one of the fine men serving our country!

I found this picture on the web and thought that it was a beautiful picture representing the flag that serves as a present representation of our countries freedom.



I also thought that God Bless America would be a good song to play today, in honor of my favorite holiday, and in realizing how richly God has influenced and blessed my life. I love how this group, Lady Antebellum performed it at the Sugar Bowl in 2010; such amazing talent they have! Watch them perform it live here.

I hope that you all realize how richly blessed God has touched your life. May I leave you with this lyric of the last line of the second verse of the song:

O, long may it wave: O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


Amen to that!! Happy Fourth of July everyone!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment