Monday, July 11, 2011

One in a Million

Remember a couple of months ago when I went on a getaway with my mom to Cambria? Well, on our way home I had mentioned that we stopped at this lovely, deserted beach. While we stopped, both my mom and I where in awe at the millions of sea shells that had been washed onto the shore. To anyone that truly knows me, they know I have a heart for nature, but especially sea shells and rocks. I have collected sea shells and rocks since I was a wee little lad. I literally, and I am not exaggerating when I say this, would come home from beach trips with 3-4 bags of rocks and sea shells (seriously!!)!!! It would drive my mom crazy, but I love this creation of God! So, it wouldn't be much of a surprise that I was swept away by the sea shells at this beach.

Anyways, I got to thinking while I sat on the beach looking through the millions of sea shells and rocks that surrounded us. Every sea shell is unique from the next one you find; you cannot find two sea shells that look alike. Each sea shell is beautifully crafted to be one-of-a-kind. It's kind of like how each human being is unique from another. Not one person is exactly like any other person in the world. One could search the whole world to find someone exactly like them, but their search would become neverending. They may find someone similar to them, but similar and exactly are not the same thing.

How beautiful is it to know that God created each and every one of us unique?!? I always find myself standing in awe thinking how much I must mean to God for Him to create me special from everyone else. He took the time to create me in His own image (Genesis 1:27), knowing me while I was in my mother's womb (Psalm 139:13), and still knows intimate details about me, such as the numbers of hairs on my head (Luke 12:7). How awesome is that!?! This really makes me ashamed of all the times I feel as if God is not by my side or does not care about me. But oh how false a lie I choose to believe! God's character is far from that, thankfully! He is always with us, whether we choose to see it or not. His love for us runs so deep down in His core, yet we choose to believe the devil's lies. God is the creator of the universe, the stars & planets, the earth, and every human being; yet He still made the time to create each of us so unique and different. That just blows my mind away!

For Music Monday, I have chosen to share a song by the band Kutless, entitled Sea of Faces. Kutless is a band I have liked for a long time and have also seen perform numerous times at Knotts Berry Farm. The song falls right along the lines of what I was thinking along the beach this day, and beautifully captures God's amazing love for us. I hope you get as much out of it as I did. You can read the lyrics on my blog, or watch the music video here.


I see the city lights all around me
Everyone's obscure
Ten million people each with their problems
Why should anyone care

And in Your eyes I can see
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Sometimes my life it feels so trivial
Immersed in the greatness of space
Yet somehow you still find the time for me
It's then You show me Your love


And In Your eyes I can see
And in Your arms I will be
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

If only my one heart
Was all you'd gain from all it cost
Well I know you would have still been a man
With a reason
To willingly offer your life


I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Just one in a million faces

*Courtesy of azlyrics.com*

Isn't the song just pleasantly beautiful? I find it to be.



Looking at sea shells on the beach




Unique sea shells I found on the beach. What a beautiful creation of God!





♥ One in a million who God chose to die for and love. So gracious & thankful for that sacrifice!♥


No comments:

Post a Comment