Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy

A lot has happened in a week, I can't even describe (more of that in a blog tomorrow). However, I did want to explain to the world how I am feeling. I know what lies in my future, and I am taking everything with a grain of salt, looking up to God for support, and taking things one thing at a time. I'm living life to the fullest, thinking positive, and enjoying every minute I am blessed to have Adam still here with me!

I was talking to my mom on the phone this evening, updating her on the many details that have come by, and she asked me a very simple question: "Are you happy, because you sound very happy?" And I said "Yes, I am very happy and excited about our future." And she said, "That makes me happy."

A lot of people might think that I am starting to get sad, realizing that Adam is leaving me soon for a long period of time, but it's quite the opposite. It's not that I am happy to have Adam leave, but more like I am happy that we are getting things figured out, one step at a time. Even more so, we are growing closer together in the process. I know that I am closer to him today than I was a year ago, and that makes me happy just in that single thought.

Adam and I have been talking often, asking each other, "How are you feeling about all of this." And our answers to each other have been helping me get by. It helps to know that he doesn't want to leave me; he would rather be with me, his wife, than on a ship with 4,000 other people. It makes me happy to know that he will be missing me just as much as I am missing him. It also helps to know that we both are confident and trusting of each other. We were talking over our anniversary weekend(s) and we both happened to say that we couldn't imagine our lives without each other; we feel that God created each of us, with each other in mind: we were meant for one another. For that reason alone, I am the happiest woman on the planet, for I know that I have indeed found my soulmate, and I continually have to remind myself to thank God for that!

I have mentioned before that I love the genre of oldies, so in honor of my favorite genre, the song by the Turtles, Happy Together , fits Adam and I perfectly! You can listen to the song here, but here is one verse and the chorus to the song:

I can see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice
It had to be
The only one for me is you
And you for me
So happy together

I hope that you all are finding happiness in your life, but know that you don't have to search far for happiness, you can find all the happiness in the world through the love of God.

I wish you a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment