Saturday, August 20, 2011

Heaven is For Real

Today I decided to read since I had nothing planned to do, however, I had no books with me since they are packed up and ready to go to our new house. So, I read a book both of my grandparents have been telling me is a great book: Heaven Is For Real, by Todd Burpo. Let me tell you, this is a great book and such a great read (I read it in only 3 (I had some interruptions)).

I have been a Christian since I accepted Christ into my heart since I was five, and have always believed in heaven, but this book offered us a "real" life experience, with a refreshing experience of a three year old. I have always been an analytical thinker, and have thought of believing in heaven this way: if we are eventually going to die and if we do accept Jesus into our hearts, then God says we will live there for eternity. Eternity is forever and ever and ever. If I was not to accept Jesus into my heart, then I would be living for eternity in hell. Why would I choose that option? To me, it doesn't make sense to believe any other way (this is just one basic example for me). I won't give away the whole book (because I think you should read it) but the authors son recalls things from his experience in heaven that you could only know from actually being there (since he is only three and hasn't been taught these things in Sunday school).

Do you believe heaven is for real? If you are having some doubts about it, this book is a great read for you, showing you a child-like faith. Even if you do believe, you should read this book for a refreshing approach on heaven.

Happy week all :D

1 comment:

  1. I read this book right after Josiah was born. I am not a huge believer in things that sound to good to be true, but I do believe this book. Awesome story! Tears come to my eyes just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete