Monday, August 22, 2011

Rain Drops

Life lately has been filled with family, friends, a puppy, long-distance love, and chaos. I guess I need to unravel this chaos.

I've spent the last week and a half with family and friends in the sunny California hot weather, packing up the last bit of our stuff and trying to rush it along to our new home in Washington. I am very grateful that friends were wanting to visit, made the time to visit, and still have the same dedication as ever before. Isn't God so good that he knows the people that allow you to get through life with your head still attached and well!?! He still seems to amaze me and makes me stand in awe!

So anyways, I got to spend time with a lot of different friends; friends that I have met from different areas of my life: work, church, family friends, high school, and college. Which meant that with my work friends, we ate Thai food and watched Twilight: New Moon (ps. I'm almost done with reading the series, one more book to go!). With my college room-mate, we played with our dogs, watched a movie, and caught each other up on small details of our lives.

With my family friend, we had dinner and she got to meet Baxter.


With my church friend, I got to meet the newest addition to her family, Josiah. And boy is he cute (even cuter in person!)!



Life at this point, was looking up. However, reality is starting to kick in. The fridge is not as full as when you prepare for two. The house was livelier when there was another person to talk to. There is no chanel on T.V. that looks a tad bit entertaining (I guess that is a good thing). To top this list off, tonight I am spending the first night by myself in our new home. It's not as if I didn't know that this was going to come eventually or if when I was at my parent's house I was not aready sleeping alone in bed, but something about tonight I feel reality, uncertainty, and anxiety all the more. Although I haven't been drowning in all the despair of my reality since Adam has left, that will end right now, I just had to get that out.

Current blessings:

1) My hubby has such a great attitude about his job that makes me feel so proud of him and his service to our country! Just love him! ♥
2) Have an amazing/understanding new friend here in WA that is making this transition very pleasant!
3) I originally thought that the veggies I had planted would not last being unwatered while I was away, but came home to the surprise of them being about 2-inches tall!! Now that is a blessing! :D
4) I have Baxter to keep me company. Currently he is falling asleep over my leg. Really makes a mommy's (pet-owner's) heart skip a beat! ♥
5) Experiencing my first rainy night in WA; exciting!! :D (Although I did miss a rainbow).
6) I found a grocery store with great produce prices (this has been a silly concern of mine :)
7) I went to the gym and ate healthy meals today! A great way to get back into the grind to a healthy lifestyle!

I am learning one step-at-a-time how my personality is alllowing me to get through this long period of time away from Adam. What really helps is reading the Bible, which I am trying to make a habbit and a part of my daily routine. There are two verses that really stick out to me right now. The first one is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And also, 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." Isn't that a pretty sweet reminder?!? I sure do think so! God knows what we can handle, knows our personality, and also knows what our future holds; don't you think He will walk us through our times of despair? Why do we so often forget about this important detail. When we forget about this, we are missing out and are choosing to believe the devil's lies. I don't want to forget about God's promises to me! I am trying to remember them daily to help get me through each and every day. What are you doing to remember God's promises in your own life?

My first rainy night has me thinking of the song, "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head." I didn't realize this was a published song, until I heard this guy sing it online, B.J. Thomas (see him perform it here). Although I probably won't blast this song in my car up here in WA, I do like the lyrics to the song!

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me


Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me


Hope you all don't let a little bad weather ruin your week; I sure ain't! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment