Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Coffee Cake

This week, well it went better than last week, that's for sure! No uncooperative furniture, no trucks that I'm too short for, and no broken phones (never again)! Woo-hoo!! Being that the week went better than last, I was thinking, "what was something funny that happened this week." I finally stumbled into an event, in which what I would like to call

The Coffee Cake

So here's the story. I really was feeling like some good ol' coffeecake, and thought hey, why don't I make some. My mom has a really good recipe, but I remembered that I received a Coffeecake recipe at my Bridal Shower. So I retrieved it out of my recipe box, checked my cupboards to make sure I had all ingredients, and started my adventure into a new recipe. Well, it was either me or how the recipe was written, but it was really confusing how much flour it called for. Acting upon my interpretation of the recipe, I baked it, put it in the oven, and waited 40 minutes for the results, very anxiously! When the buzzer finally rang, I practically ran to the oven, grabbed the oven mits, and almost dived into the oven to retrieve the dish. When I saw what it looked like, I knew I had interpreted the recipe wrong. Although it smelled really good throughout the whole house, it definitely didn't look like it should have. I'm still going to eat it, but I'm so disappointed!

So what's the moral of the story: make sure you understand the recipe you are baking BEFORE you waste all your ingredients, time, and food cravings! Oh well, I guess all you can do is laugh at it, right?!? Next time, I'll just follow my instincts and get my moms recipe :)


No comments:

Post a Comment