Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Little Baking Goes A Long Way

So the other day I decided to do some baking. I had been meaning to bake some cookies for my nieghbors for awhile, but just hadn't gotten around to it, for some unknown reason. I was thinking about what kind of cookie I wanted to bake, and thought that you can't go wrong with chocolate chip. But then I thought even further, and decided that you can't go wrong with oatmeal chocolate chip with raisins. Let me tell you, that was one smart idea! They came out AMAZING! I used this recipe and really like the results. They really did turn out chewy, owie, and gooie! Yummy in my tummy!! :D

I wanted them to look Fall-ie, so I thought, "why don't I trace some fall leaves on to some fall-color paper. That would be cute." However, I forgot that I am not the best free-hand drawer (that was one skill that did not get passed down in my genes, infortuantely) and brilliantly though, "hey why don't I use one of the leaves on my new kitchen table centerpiece?!?" That was the second best thought I had that day, with #1 being the cookie choice. Here is what my plate of cookies looked like:



I could have gotten way more craftier with this, using ribbon curls, etc, but thought that for Fall, why not just go simple. However, Christmas, now that's a different story!

I got to meet a new neighbor and have some conversations I wouldn't have been able to have, if I didn't put myself out there and make these cookies. I'm thankful I did! Moral of the story: baked goods=friend maker :D

Happy Fall everyone!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment