Thursday, September 1, 2011

Who Knew?

Since there are not a lot of radio station options where I live, lately I have been finding myself listening to a lot of country music. It's not that I find this SO bizarre, since my sister-in-law Laura re-introduced me to it, I only found myself listening to the songs she suggested over and over. Now that it is playing frequently in my finally Washington-license plate car :D I find myself liking other groups, too. Before anyone goes crazy on me, let me clarify something. I think that I should begin by saying where I fall on the spectrum of country-music fans.

Let's take a look at this spectrum that I have created:

1, Country music does not exist as a genre of music to me

3, If I am somewhere and country music is playing, and I have no control of changing the tunes, I will listen to it.

5, If a country song plays on a general radio station, ie. Taylor Swift, I will listen to it.

7, Country music is all I listen to, but I do not go around telling the whole world about my love for it.

10, I eat, sleep, and breathe country music: it is all I know. I am not afraid to let people know my desire and love for it. I am crazy (most likely).

On this spectrum that I have created, I am a 7, however, if you would have asked me this question three years ago my answer would have been no way Jose! On the spectrum I would have been between a 3-5 (I did not hate the music's guts, it just was not my preference of choice).

However, today I have a new-found respect for this genre of music. What changed might you ask? The fact that most country music singers are men, and men don't usually express their love for a woman in words. It really gets my mushy-gushy heart goin! I have respect for any gentleman that can express his love for a woman in a beautiful way! Bless that man's soul! Let's take a look at two singers: Brad Paisley & Lee Brice.

Brad Paisley, She's Everything, watch it here too.

She's a yellow pair of running shoes
A holey pair of jeans
She looks great in cheap sunglasses
She looks great in anything
She's I want a piece of chocolate
Take me to a movie
She's I can't find a thing to wear
Now and then she's moody

She's a Saturn with a sunroof
With her brown hair a-blowing
She's a soft place to land
And a good feeling knowing
She's a warm conversation
That I wouldn't miss for nothing
She's a fighter when she's mad
And she's a lover when she's loving

[Chorus]
And she's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
I talk about her, I go on and on and on
'Cause she's everything to me


She's a Saturday out on the town
And a church girl on Sunday
She's a cross around her neck
And a cuss word 'cause its Monday
She's a bubble bath and candles
Baby come and kiss me
She's a one glass of wine
And she's feeling kinda tipsy

She's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
She's a picture in my wallet
and my unborn children's mother
She's the hand that I'm holding
When I'm on my knees and praying
She's the answer to my prayer
And she's the song that I'm playing

[Repeat chorus]

She's the voice I love to hear
Someday when I'm ninety
She's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
Everyday that passes
I only love her more
Yeah, she's the one
That I'd lay down my own life for


And she's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
She's everything to me
Yeah she's everything to me
*Courtesy of Cowboylyrics.com

What's bolded are the parts that get me so much in this song, becasue it's so down-to-earth, real, and straight from his heart I know for sure!

Lee Brice, Love Like Crazy, watch it here.

They called them crazy when they started out
Said, "Seventeen's too young to know what loves about"
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That's crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
Bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Now that's crazy

Just ask him how he did it
He'll say, "Pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute
To tell you everything"

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy


They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy, they'll never take off
Well, he sold his one man shop to Microsoft
And they paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy


They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now
Ain't that crazy?
*Courtesy of azlyrics.com

I absolutely LOVE the chorus to this song; it's so true and worded so well! I actually got to see Lee Brice perform it live at the Kitsap County Fair last weekend. Awwww my first country conceert!!!! :) He definitely has AMAZING stage presence, a great voice, and performed this song so well!! Made me love the song more!

Do you see what I mean when I say these guys can spill what lies deep down in their hearts, beautifully?!?!? It gets me!!

Let me specify something else. I don't like the country songs that go something like this: (in a western-man's voice) "Let's go to the back road, and play the ge-tar, drink a beer, and get lost..." (I just made that up, but I think the picture has been made). I like country songs that have a story, a meaning, or a purpose behind what's being said; those are my kind of songs!

If you are someone who is on the same scale as I was, you should check out some of the groups/people I have been enjoying lately, such as: Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Thompson Square(!!), Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Lee Brice, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, and Taylor Swift-you definitely would enjoy them!! :D

I just really wanted to share this with you all, thanks for reading, as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment