Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Psalm 13

Six verses is all that consists of Psalm 13, yet it's good! I've been reading a Psalm a day until I get through the whole book of Psalms. I've missed the last 2 days, and today's chapter was lucky 13. The whole chapter is about how David doesn't feel the Lord, because he doesn't feel as if He's listening or answering to his cries of prayers. Then in verses 5-6 is what I needed to hear, I mean read.

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." (NIV)

David made this statement, even despite him not "feeling" God. He said this with faith, knowing that God watches over those who call Him Father, even when we don't "feel" him at times. I'm not saying I needed to read this because I don't feel God right now, but because I need to sing praises to God because he has been good to me, whether I want to be honest and admit it, or naive and discouraged.

I don't want to be the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment