Monday, November 7, 2011

My Best Friend

Today was my first day back at volunteering. It was nice to be there because I'm finally feeling better. I have a lot more "getting better" to do, but I at least feel like I'm at a place where I'm finally catching up on my rest. That's still my project this week, but it feels good to be able to be outside of my house without feeling woozie. It felt really good to be there, and I really enjoyed all the kids in all the classrooms I was in. I really like this school. Since it's so close, I've been walking there because it takes me less than 10 minutes to walk there, so why waste gas?

After my last class at 1:30, I was looking through songs on my ipod deciding which two songs to listen to on my way home and decided that it felt like a Queen kind of day, so I chose Bohemian Rhapsody & My Best Friend. Queen is probably my favorite groups of all time. I love them so much. 1) I appreciate their originality. I mean, no one else in their time was like them. They are 100% original. 2) Their sense of uniqueness. It's really hard to copy Queen, because their sound is so original. I mean, hav eyou actually listened to Bohemian Rhapsody. Let me repharse that, who hasn't listened to it! Adam and I both share the same love for Queen. On many of our car rides, we both are singing loudly to Bicycle, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Fat Bottom Girls. I feel sorry for the cars next to us, because we get into it. Adam really wanted to come down the aisle at our wedding to Bicycle, and I told him a gently no.

My Best Friend is probably my favorite song of them. I find that song to be so real and true. Here are the lyrics to the song if you aren't too familiar with it.

Ooh you make me live
Whatever this world can give to me
It's you you're all I see
Ooo you make me live now honey
Ooo you make me live

Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
Oh you're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

Ooh I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine
You've stood by me, girl
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live
Whenever this world is cruel to me
I got you to help me forgive
Ooo you make me live now honey
Ooo you make me live

You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love the things
I really love the things that you do
You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

I'm happy at home
You're my best friend
Oh ya
Oh you're my best friend
Ooo you make me live
You you're my best friend.
*Courtesy of www.sing365.com*

Is it just me, or are those genuine lyrics or what?!?

I also like this song for another reason: it was the song I chose to walk down the aisle to at our wedding. I thought, why not walk down the aisle to my favorite group, who also produces my favorite song.

But that's not the only reason.

It's really because Adam is my best friend. There is no one who knows me better. Let me rephrase. There is no one on earth who knows me better, who understands me, can make me laugh, or who appreciates my sometimes quirkiness more than him. He just gets me. That's why I was so emotional on our wedding day walking down the aisle, with him patiently/anxiously/nervously waiting for me at the end of it. The lyrics to the song, the fact that by nights end we would both have vowed to cherrish each other and spend the rest of our lives together, and that we were doing it infront of all the people who mean the most to us, contributed to my emotions. And it hit me. It hit me hard; he's everything that I want in someone, and then a little more.

Before the wedding I was pondering on how I would feel walking down the aisle. Would I be happpy, well of course I'd be happy, but would my emotions show in the world's biggest smile or in happy tears was the real question. I couldn't tell and decided to leave it alone. However, when I stood at the end of the aisle, seeing my best friend waiting for me at the end, my heart became overwhelmed with happiness, as I knew that this was a decision in my life that I was so sure on. I felt as if I loved him so much already, yet knowing that it would grow even more over the course of our life, was such an incredible thought. There is no one besides him who I'd rather share my life and future with more than him. No one.

Adam and I both agree that we grow closer together when we're away from each other, more than when we are together, because we learn to appreciate the qualities in each other that we don't fully understand or can fully appreciate when we're together. It's really a beautiful thing. That's why I know for 100% that when he walks off that ship, I will love him more than I did the day I said "so long," this time in tears of sadness. However, I know I have grown from that day 'til now, because I know that Adam and I are both strong enough to get through this time, because we have each other to come home to. What can be better than that?!?

It was nice to listen to that song today and be reminded of a beautiful day that is held closely to us both; the day that marks forever with each other. I'm glad I get to have little moments like these every now and then. Today was a simple, but good day.

♥ 07.16.2010 ♥


*The walk down the aisle*




*The man I was waiting for*






*The beginning of our ever-after*

No comments:

Post a Comment