Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Psalm A Day

I'm finding, that a Psalm a day keeps the worries away.

This is really true. A lot of Psalms remind you not to worry and encourage you to sing praises to God. I'm also finding that each Psalm can remind us to remember something about God's character. I want to share a few Psalms that I have read this past week with you.

Psalm 22:9-11, "Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help."

I find these verses in this chapter to be so encouraging to me. Not only is it encouraging, but its a good reminder for us to remember that God has been faithful to us since birth! WOW! That really humbles me on the spot. To know that he has been my God since birth, and has had a plan for my life since the womb, too, that is the most AMAZING reminder ever that God is indeed faithful and will always see us through. If he can do it from the womb, of course He can do it on earth too- here's probably the easier place to do it!

Psalm 23, the whole chapter I would encourage you to read. This is the famous chapter of "The Lord is my shepard..." It reminds me that, not only will God be faithful, but he'll see me through times of despair, struggle, and loneliness. He'll restore my soul, guide me to quiet places, shield me, and provide me comfort through his holy name. It's no wonder that most people can remember this chapter of Psalms through memorization- it's so comforting to know that God is our shepard (guide).

Psalm 25:4-5, "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." I think that it is important that the author of this Psalm included the ending phrase "all day long." He could of left it out and his point would still have been made. Yet, he chose to include it. I find this phrase to be important, because in the morning we may feel that we are super close to God and feel as if we can do anything that comes our way. Yet in the afternoon, the devil might find us and feed us lies. Just like that, our hope can be gone. It's really important to have trust and strength in God throughout the entirety of our day (s). I am still learning how to do this, because it is hard to do.

Psalm 27:1-6 Read it; it's amazing!!

Psalm 30:4-5, "Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger last only a moment, but his favor last a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." All I can say is thank you to the psalmist who wrote this, and AMEN!!! :D

I hope at least one of these Psalms speaks close to your heart, because I found that all of these spoke to mine. If you are finding yourself in a dark place right now, I would encourage you to read a Psalm a day; I promise you won't regret it! :D

Yeah for a fresh new week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment