Sunday, December 11, 2011

Psalm 34:19-20

To be completely honest, I've been WAY behind on reading a Psalm a day. It stopped when my family got here, and it's been hard to catch up with it. Actually, it's been hard to make it a priority again. As I was reading my Psalm yesterday, it really spoke out to me. The Psalm was 34:19-20 and it reads,



"A righteous man may have troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."



Now I think that a lot of people normally would read straight through these two verses, skipping down to the next one just as fast as they read through this one, but not without missing the beauty that lies in these verses. These verses stuck out to me, because I've never broken a bone in my body. I know that might be hard to believe in our day and age, but it's true. When I was younger I thought it would be so cool to break my arm so I could have a cast on my arm, any color of my choice. Cause come on people, how cool would it be to have a Turquoise cast on your arm?!!?? I would try so hard to do things that would result in me breaking a bone, like climbing in trees, swinging on branches, and I really don't know what else I did. I do vividly remember thinking to myself, "If I climb in these trees, I might just fall and break my arm." Really, these were my thoughts! Silly young Jasmine! Looking back on my life, I can see that God was protecting me from harm, and know that He still is to this day. Now, this doesn't mean that if you've broken a bone you can't be a believer or that God hasn't watched over you. I don't think that this verse necessarily means a "literal" protection over every bone in our body, but God watches over our well-being and will deliver us from all our troubles, no matter how that may look. He uses every circumstance for His glory. It simply just means that God is watching over you, and how awesome is that?!?! This is a special way for God to show me that He loves me so much, he doesn't want me to get hurt in this way. Maybe for you it might look differently. Maybe you've never needed to have surgery, or never have dislocated a body part. I don't know what it might be for you, but think about some ways that God has watched over you and your body.


No comments:

Post a Comment