Monday, January 9, 2012

When The Tears Fall

Lately all I am listening to ony my itunes is Newsboys Devotion album. No, not New Boyz, Newsboys. I've had it in my itunes for awhile now, but only listened to maybe 1 song, and just ignored all the others. Poor songs! I feel bad now (like they actually have feelings), because the whole album is phenomenal! My favorite, favorite songs are 5-10 on the album. SO rich with telling God's mercies, endless amount of love for us, and all his promises that are miraculously true. When I was younger, I liked Newsboys, but only maybe 3 songs from them. I have no idea why I was hating on them. They got it. What I mean by that, is they understand how to share God's truth to the world, in beautifully written songs, that bring tears to my eyes because of how true their words have been to my own life. One song in particular is the last song on the album, When The Tears Fall. Read these words, and you will be touched (and not only by a tissue). I guarantee it. Or you can listen to it here on youtube.


I've had questions, without answers
I've known sorrow, I have known pain
But there's one thing, that I'll cling to
You are faithful, Jesus You're true


When hope is lost, I'll call You saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call You healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

In the lone hour of my sorrow
Through the darkest night of my soul
You surround me and sustain me
My defender, forevermore


When hope is lost, I'll call You saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call You healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

And I will praise You, I will praise You
When the tears fall, still I will sing to You
And I will praise You, Jesus praise You
Through the suffering still I will sing

When hope is lost, I'll call You saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call You healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

Oh yes, You are good to me
You've always been good to me
So trustworthy


When hope is lost, I'll call You saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call You healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

And I will praise You, and I will praise You
When the tears fall, still I will sing to You (I will sing to You)
I will praise You, Jesus praise You
Through the suffering still I will sing

How faithful and true
Sustain me through and through
You are hope and truth
You must bring a little water
You must bring a little water

In the lone hour of my sorrow

Who springs never fail
Be faithful and true
Like a well-watered garden
Like a spring it never fails
You're my spring that never fails
*Courtesy of www.sing365.com*

As you can tell, pretty much the whole song speaks to me heart. It is how I desire to be in my life: that through the suffering, the pain, sorrow, and tears, I can still say with 100% of my being, that God is my saviour, healer, and redeemer, and the list can go on and on. Isn't it beautiful that our God has many different names. For the fatherless, He's a father. For the weak, He is strong. For the friendless, He's the ultimate friend you can have. He can be your Shepard, when you need direction. He can be and is, all of these things to us, yet we forget who He is and what He is for us, when the suffering and pain come into our lives. It's like, we say "God you are my everything," one day. The next day our day might go hay-wire, and then suddenly we are violently angry at God, saying "Where are you in my life. What are you doing to me?" Instantly forgetting how He has brought you through the storms that have already come, forgetting that He will bring you through the next one as well. I wish I wasn't this way. I wish I could honestly say that this wasn't me, but it is. I'm just glad that God still loves me, despite my stupidity.

Who are you when the tears fall? Are you one who is holding on to God, or does He get pushed away? Just some thoughts to start off your week.






2 comments:

  1. Just looked them up online! Thank you! :) I'm having a hard time with my anxiety right now before stephen is home for good, these lyrics deffinitely helped me out and remind me to just keep praying, he has a plan for us all! Another quote from a song (you should look it up if you don't know it!) is from the Kirk Franklin son 'Hello Fear' anyway it goes "Not to give thanks for everything but IN everything" really interesting way to look at it :) he's a favorite of mine my fave songs by him

    1) I smile
    2) Everyone hurts
    3) Hello fear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look him up. Thanks for the suggestion :D

    ReplyDelete