Monday, February 13, 2012

Stronger

Days are just ticking by, and nobody knows how truly happy that's making me. I downloaded new music from Itunes; songs that will bring extra encouragement and inspiration to me, to get me through this last bit of deployment. One of the songs that I bought was Stronger, by Mandisa. I watched her on American Idol a number of seasons ago and loved her, but never really followed her after she left. SO GLAD I came across her song. It has been such a blessing to me lately. LOVE IT! Here are the lyrics to the song:

Hey, heard you were up all night
Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better.
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather.

Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there.
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares


When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you ...


Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus.
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares.

'Cause if He started this work in your life,
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it.
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this.

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger.

I love the whole song, but the bridge has to be my favorite part. The words are so refreshing and encouraging to my soul. It's something that I've needed to hear, so this has been a great way to remind myself that if God started this work in our lives, He will be faithful to follow through, if only we believe in Him along the way. SO good to hear that! Am I right?!? It also reminds me that He is there for us along the way, and it won't last forever (it will end!!) but once again we have to reach out to Him, and put our faith, trust, and hope in Him. AND, comfort will not be the only thing we gain from putting our trust in Him, the whole process will make us stronger and closer to Him, too. Plus, she has an amazing voice, so I'm glad that I get this reminder in her beautiful voice! 

I hope you enjoy this song and can get something out of it like I did. Know that there is someone greater than you who can provide with the comfort you need for the trials you are in. That's a beautiful thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment