Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Resurrection Day!

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!

I usually say Happy Easter, but I think I'm going to change phrases now. I like "Resurrection Day" much better. Really puts more emphasis on the meaning of the holiday, rather than the Easter Bunny. Don't get me wrong, I love the Easter Bunny. I mean I believed there was such a thing until I was like in 3rd grade, when I saw my dad pick up the eggs off the counter, and then saw him hiding the eggs. Totally killed the whole Easter Bunny thing for me, right then and there. So I really do like painting, hiding, and finding eggs, but is that the most important thing of the day? To me, it's not.

The hubby is away for a little period of time again, thus leaving me alone for another holiday yet again. Gotta love the Navy! Man, that ship sees more of him than I do these days. Gotta grin an' bear it I guess. But it's hard since I haven't been without family for an Easter in.... never! I didn't really think about that fact and if it would be difficult for me at all, until I was lying in bed last night thinking about how today would go. Today would be like any other day for me, minus the fact it would be Sunday, thus church. I would get up, eat breakfast, get ready and leave for church. And that would be the extent of the highlights my day would offer. No big Easter meal with the family. Or seeing my church service at the Fairplex LIVE. Or enjoying the fellowship of my family by playing games, watching movies, playing cards, etc. Just Baxter and I, eating leftovers for lunch. That's why focusing on His resurrection, has reminded me of the importance of the actual holiday of Easter. It should really be about focusing our minds on what our freedom in Christ is all about: His death and the blood He shed so innocently on the Cross, for all of us believers. But more importantly, we should be celebrating and rejoicing in the beauty that lies within the empty tomb: His resurrection!

Really loved the card my Cooney Grandparents sent Adam and I for Easter:

Alleluia

We should fear only
 if God were not in control.
We should worry only
if He were not able
to meet our needs.
We should strive only 
if the Lord were not 
our Shepard.
We should doubt only 
if He were not faithful.
We should grieve only
if Jesus were not Risen!

Alleluia!
His life and love have set us free!
(Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.")

Beautifully said! Goes along with what my pastor reminded us at church this morning: 
Jesus dying on the cross is a representation of our sins being lifted off our shoulders, at that very instance of His death. The representation is justified, meaning just as if it never happened. Our sins are set free by the blood Jesus shed for us on the cross. Isn't that beautiful??!!?? It makes today so much more beautiful for me!

I'll leave you all with the song we sang in church this morning and the lyrics along with it. 

God is Alive, Flee
 
 Let the darkness flee. 
It's got no power over me.  
I have been set free, God is alive. 
Death where is your sting. 
Sin has got no hold on me. 
  I am free indeed, God is alive.  

We've been redeemed.
 So rise and sing.
   
Everyone glorify the risen Son. 
The Holy One has overcome.  
Jesus is alive
The enemy is broken underneath His feet.  
Death is crushed in victory. Jesus is alive. 
Jesus is alive!

 Let us wake and rise. 
Lift your voices lift our eyes.
  We're gonna shout, we're gonna shake the skies, God is alive.  

We've been redeemed. 
So rise and sing. 

Everyone glorify the risen Son. 
The Holy One has overcome.  
Jesus is alive. 
The enemy is broken underneath His feet.
  Death is crushed in victory. 
Jesus is alive.
 Jesus is alive.  

The empty grave is singing now it's shouting out.  
He is alive, He is alive, And we are free.  
The empty grave is singing now it's shouting out.  
He is alive, He is alive, And we are free.  

We've been redeemed. 
So rise and sing. 

Everyone glorify the risen Son. 
The Holy One has overcome.  
Jesus is alive. T
he enemy is broken underneath His feet. 
  Death is crushed in victory.
 Jesus is alive. Jesus is alive.
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/god-is-alive-lyrics-fee.html ]



 Happy Resurrection Day all! 
May you dwell on the fact that He is Risen and you are free,
 rather than the eggs in your basket!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment