Friday, May 25, 2012

YES!! Today is FRIDAY!!

SO HAPPY THIS WEEK HAS FLOWN BY!!!

As I stated in my last post, I was hoping that this week would fly by, so that the weekend could get here already. Pssssssttt...guess what? IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!! It did fly by! 

I cannot wait to just get away with Adam. We're both going to step away from technology and not even going to use it. I'm bringing our actual camera for pictures, and that's it. Not even going to touch my phone unless an emergency occurs, and that would be just rude if one did (kidding). 

I did want to quickly share a breakfast smoothie recipe that I discovered early in the week on Pinterest, and it has become my new favorite go-to breakfast. Lately, since my work schedule has been from 12-6, I'm falling in the trap of sleeping in. It's terrible! But even the days I do get up relatively "early," I forget to eat breakfast in the business of it all. Adam would laugh at that and say, "you busy. HA!" 

ANYWAYS... here is this delicious breakfast smoothie recipe that you just have to try!

  • 2  whole Chiquita Bananas (best with brown flecks on peel)
  • 2  cups Ice
  • 1/3 cup Yogurt - preferably Greek yogurt flavored with honey
  • 1/2 cup Cooked oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup Almonds
  • 1/4 cup  Orange juice or pineapple juice or a combo! (optional)
  • 1 tsp Flaxseed (optional)
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
Nutritional info from website (this is without the last 3 items):  Calories 380; Total Fat 15 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 4 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 35 mg; Potassium 690 mg; Total Carbohydrates 53 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 19 g; Protein 12 g. Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin B6 25%; Vitamin C 20%; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.

{The last 3 items on the ingredients list are optional, however, they really up the health benenfits and the taste of the smoothie. I've added them every time and it really tastes so good with them, that I can't imagine it without them! Just sayin.. ;) } 

To Do:
All you do is mix everything together in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds. And BAM! you got a great energizing smoothie, loaded with great health benefits!  

**My awesome, powerhouse smoothie. Yummm**
Hope you decide to venture in and make this delicious,
 and yummy breakfast smoothie!

I think I'm going to just start drinking my breakfast. Really, I like that way better during the week!

Now here's to hopin' today flies by..... :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment