Friday, June 8, 2012

Frugality

My mom randomly will send me emails. Sometimes they're filled with cute craft project ideas, devotionals, a bible verse she finds to be encouraging, or whatever else. Yesterday it was one that I really enjoyed reading. It was on being frugal, which is something that I've been particularly interested in lately; in learning and in gaining to my wisdom on it. Here is the email (it's from an email subscriber that she follows, but I'm unsure of which one to credit):


"Living frugally does not mean choosing a life of poverty. Frugality is simply the act of avoiding waste. It means finding the most economical way to accomplish a task or project. Frugality doesn't mean giving up, it means living better because when you have all that you need plus money in the bank, life becomes much easier.

Frugality is a state of mind, an attitude you choose for a way of life that is rewarding. Every day my mailbox fills with frugal tips from my loyal readers. Some make me laugh; others leave me wondering why I didn't think of that. Still others have become such a common way of life for me, I'm grateful to have been reminded of what a great frugal idea it is." 


With pinterest and the internet as a whole, it's so easy to get useful tips on how to be frugal or to be more frugal in your life. I loved the words of this writer.  I am taking this to heart, and I hope that this can be something that you can too.

Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment