Sunday, July 22, 2012

Move Faster Weekend!

Ever wanted to have the weekend fly by because you had something planned on Monday? Yup, that has totally been my weekend. I didn't care what I did this weekend, as long as it went by fast. Despite feeling this way, I have gotten some stuff done on my to-do list, craft-wise. Let me share them with you. 

I have been waiting awhile to make my own modge podge to use for some fun craft projects I have found (of course on Pinterest). Today was the day. Why? Because glue was on sale at Staples for .75 cents. Can't beat that price!! So I made one batch, and bought two other glue bottles for when this batch runs out.

 Homemade Modge Podge

Ingredients: 
white school glue, water, and a jar that is two times the quantity of the glue. 

1. Squeeze the glue into a jar. 
2. Fill the now empty glue bottle with water. Seal and shake (you can put on a a fun song at this point if you choose). 
3. Squeeze the water into the jar. 
 4. Seal the jar and shake again (cue song again). 

BAM!!! You are done!! SO EASY!!! 

**I used the Modge Podge for this fun photo-canvas project in my bathroom.**

 **Old display** 

 **New display, with mostly new pictures as you can see, from Snoqualmie Falls, WA, Olympia, WA and Huntington Dog Beach, CA (all pics taken by me).m**

**New Display. The lyrics are from Josh Wilson's song, Behind the Beauty. I will add ribbon this canvas later this week, as it needs a little color touch to it (and because I hate that the thinner paper got wrinkled and it really bugs me lol Hope the ribbon will distract [me] from it ;)**

I also used some Modge Podge to finally make my cell phone a hanging charger case, from this tutorial (but instead of using fabric, I used scrapbook paper.


**Isn't it so cute??!!??**

Happy Modge Podging er'body!! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment