Monday, July 30, 2012

One Year....Already??!!??

This last weekend is one of the only weekends that Adam has off that we would have to ourselves. He's taking some leave, so we'll have my birthday weekend together, and then hopefully one long weekend before he leaves, but this has been the first weekend we've had together in awhile. We spent one day of it with his family in Bellingham, and the other day by ourselves, just enjoying each others company, and the Olympics of course! It was so great just to have this time together. Time for us is gold, which is so precious, valuable, appreciated, and warmly accepted as a blessing.

We had a blast on Saturday with Adam's aunt and uncle and little cousins (slowly creeping out of that little stage) in Bellingham. They had a blast chasing Baxter around the back yard. It was fun to watch for multiple reasons, but mainly because I am happy for any way that will wear out my pup, and I know his aunt was appreciative of Baxter wearing the kids out, too. ;D So glad we all had a great time together.

 **Hello there, Seattle**

**Adam and I with Josh and Jenna, big kids!**

 **Adam and I**

On our drive up there we noticed a set of outlet stores about 20 minutes away from their house, and decided that we would peek in at the Nike store on our way home. We LOVE Nike Factory Outlets stores. They have one in Cali that Adam found great deals on for running shoes before he went into the Navy. We couldn't resist to stop. We both found some great deals, as I am into running now as well. I found a pair for $44, with 20% off that price, then with 10% military discount. It came out to a great price, let's just say that! Adam found a great pair, and I found some clearance shorts, too. So happy we stopped!

**My findings, minus the shirt**

We got a slow start to Sunday, as we had a late Saturday (which is very rare for us!). We slept in, ate brunch, and headed out to Island Lake Park, a beautiful lake just about 25 minutes away from us. We brought Baxter along with us of course, and we all took a run together. It was beautiful scenery for a run together. God's creation is so pleasant and beautiful, why not enjoy it while working out? We then came home and pretty much watched the Olympics for the rest of the day. We had a great day together! We love us some Olympics, and I can't wait to watch them every night. GO TEAM USA!!! 

Before I leave you all for the day, I do want to share something else we were both pondering about this weekend. Yesterday marked the ONE YEAR anniversary for us making the long trek from Cali to Washington, to Adam's first duty station with the Navy, more specifically, with CVN 74, the USS John C Stennis.

 **The last picture of us as Californians (said in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice), 
right before my brothers graduation party**

We both cannot believe that it has been one full year, but it really has. It has been one year of ups and downs. Of learning to have patience with technology, as that is the only means of communication. Appreciating qualities in each other that we never would have appreciated, if there would be no separation. Of learning new ways of growing closer together, and falling more deeply in love with each other than we would have ever expected. This year has been challenging, not only for Adam, but for myself, as I faced living in a new location all on my own. God has stretched me more than I could have thought possible in this past year. But most importantly, God has been there with me and with Adam, every step of the way, and for that we are so thankful for his provision, comfort and love that He reveals to us when we are away from each other (as well as when we're together). We both cannot imagine getting through deployments without God, and God alone. He is our rock and our comforter, and is truly always there for us when we are experiencing loneliness. He is so good! 

This song by Gungor, Beautiful Things, really has been comforting to be during this last year. The lyrics remind me that I am a beautiful creation of God, but I am still a work in progress. He is still making something beautiful out of me. Isn't that so awesome?!?


All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new
Here is to another year of seeing how God will stretch and use us for His kingdom, here in Washington. 

Happy week all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment