Monday, July 16, 2012

Two Years

We have been married for two years as of today. I mean, I can't believe that two years have gone by already. Get out of here! Where has two years gone? Oh, to bootcamp, A school, a deployment and underways. Fortunately, however, we got some great, sweet, precious memories and getaways in between all the bitter-sweet things. 

I did get to talk to him for a bit today after work, but here is everything I want to say to my Groom: 

To the love of my life,

 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! 
 I love you so much and I hope you understand that I'll be by your side forever and ever, supporting you in your hopes and dreams, loving you and cherishing you each and everyday. I love you more than I did two years ago, on that hot day, outside of your parents house. I couldn't have ever imagined that I would have found such an incredible man or love someone as much as I do, before I met you. But I have you now, to forever grow old with, and to one day love on a different level than I do now. I can't wait for that! I am so glad that God brought us together, and that He chose you for me. Love you soooooooooooooooo much Adam Brent!! 

Makes me think of Song of Songs 2:16, "I am by beloved and my beloved is mine." Forever grateful for who my beloved is!!!

 **Memories from our wedding day, two years ago** 

Our wedding verse remains encouraging to us, even still two years later:

Ruth 1:18 "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God."

Haven't posted a song for Music Monday in awhile, either, but will start that back up today on our anniversary, as I have a great song pertaining to our blessed union. It's by Darius Rucker, entitiled This. It goes like this (haha), but the music video is posted after the lyrics:

Got a baby girl sleeping in my bedroom
And her mama laughing in my arms
There's the sound of rain on the rooftop
And the game's about to start.

I don't really know how I got here,
But I'm sure glad that I did.
And it's crazy to think that one little thing
Could've changed all of it.


Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky (wo)man

(Chorus)
For every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to
This


Like the girl that I loved in high school
Who said she could do better
Or that college I wanted to go to
'Til I got that letter

All the fights and the tears and the heartache
I thought I'd never get through
And the moment I almost gave up
All lead me here to you

I didn't understand it way back when
But sitting here right now it all makes perfect sense

How I cried when my mama passed away
But now I've got an angel looking out for me today
So nothing's a mistake


Love those words, "Thank God for all I missed, Cause it led me here to this." Those are just perfect, perfect words. I love the "this" in my life, even though it's hard to deal with separation, God continually shows me all the ways that Adam is worth the wait. God surely does watch over each of during those hard times and trials we face. So comforting to see Him provide for us in all the ways that He does!

The rest of the day will be spent watching our wedding video, looking at out photo albums, reading cards from family and friends, and reminiscing about our precious union two years ago.

 

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Military life can be so bittersweet, but the moments we get to share make it so worth it! Glad you got to hear from him for a bit today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth, there's definitely truth in that! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete