Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of School

Today was Baxter's first day at school. Well, obviously not school, school for kids, but at school for dogs! It was his first day of dog training!! We got there early and everything, because I was expecting there to be other dogs there. Nope. We were/are the only ones in this class. Hey, I don't mind at all, more one on one time or more bang for your buck if you want to look at it in those terms. Surprisingly, but not really suprsingly because I knew he had it in him all along, he did so well!! He caught on quickly, very quickly to everything. 
This is what we learned today:
  1. To sit
  2. To come
However, we didn't just learn those. We learn to put it all together, too. So I'll call him, and when he comes and sits, I say "Yes. Good boy Baxter," and give him a cookie. And then I say ok and point away to release him. 

We pieced this together and then practiced it. Boy, oh boy,  he is smarter than we thought. He caught on so well! I mean, he already knew how to sit really well, but coming. Ya, that's another story. He'll come when he wants to, but not when he doesn't. Forget about it. But I am so happy that he is catching on so quickly. YEAH!! There is light at the end of the tunnel! We practiced it tonight and he is doing so well with this! So that's what we are going to do: practice, practice, practice!

So proud of our little guy!

**So excited for his first day of school.
He was tuggin' real hard!**

Happy week all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment