Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thoughts on the Road

Have you ever taken the time to notice the changing of the day? Like actually watching the transition of the sun going down and the moon taking its spot? I don't think you ever really take the time to notice simple things like this, until that's your view for, let's say, 6 hours. 

Yes, I am referring now to my little road-trip I took this past weekend down to visit my great aunt and uncle in Bend, OR. When I say little, it was indeed, as I left Friday early afternoon and got back not even an hour ago. Besides having a fun day with them, I learned/noticed a lot during both of my drives. Like I said, I watched the sun set/moon rise. It just was absolutely, positively breath-taking! God's handiwork in our earth, just makes me marvel. The setting of the sun is just so beautiful. I know some people try to take the beauty of God out of the equation and just say, "Sun sets are no big deal, scientifically, it's just the sun reflecting off the water and making colors appear." These people just irritate me. How can you NOT see the beauty in a sun set? It just makes me stop and ponder, "The sun is setting now, but where Adam is now, which is in Malaysia {which I can say, since it's been revealed}, the sun is rising." Isn't that just crazy? I don't think it's just me {hopefully not} but that is just crazy. The moon is up in my state, but in other countries/states, it's been up for awhile now. THIS IS CRAZY! God is so intricate, with every detail, it just blows my mind away. There is beauty throughout our day, we just need to make the time to see it. Or rather, see Him in these things, throughout our day.

Other thoughts I pondered on on my drive home today, related to a few songs I heard on the radio.

Mark Shultz, All Things Possible

I will call on Your name
For there's always a way
When you lead me
And when life knocks me down
I am not counted out
For you're with me
And you're with me

Even when it feels like the light is fading
And I've lost my way
Still I'm holding on to the One who's making
All things possible

Even when it feels like my heart is breaking
Hold on, there is strength
Knowing I belong to the One who's making
All things possible

I know mountains can move
I've seen what You can do
In my weakness
So my heart will believe
If I wait I will see
My God doing, what only He can do


My God is strong and mighty
My God is faithful
My hope is in the Lord
For He is able
**From: onlylyrics.com**

Wow, what hope there is in knowing that God uses us in our weakness, if only we hold on and keep our faith. Sometimes, it's that moment when we are most vulnerable, that moment when we are about to give up and lose our faith, that God can use us the most. Why do we not keep the faith, when if you look back into your life, there is no reason to doubt Him. I do not know. But God is so merciful, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Chris Tomlin, I Will Follow

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow
**from: onlylyrics.com**

I just love these lyrics from the song. How my heart yearns for this, yet my actions fail to do it. This is the cry of my heart: to be like Him. 

Here are a few photos of our day trip yesterday. Enjoy!

 **My navigator fell asleep on the ride there**

**Our day trip destination**

 
**There were chipmunks everywhere, which Baxter enjoyed. So cute!**

 
**Just a girl and her dog**

 
**And just like that I was leaving...on a good note of course ;D**
 **The home stretch of the trip**

Happy new week all. Hope your weekend was just as fine and dandy as mine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment