Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thursday Fun

Sorry that I am two days late posting about my excitement on Thursday. I know you all were probably just waiting anxiously for my post {haha} but I didn't want to post it early, giving it away. So on the contrary, I gave you all suspense. With that said, this is why I was SO excited for Thursday to finally get here: 


Toby Mac ft. Jamie Grace @ the Puyallup Fair!!!!!!!!

I love going to fairs. The food, the atmosphere, everything. I grew up right down the street from the LA County Fair and we would go every year. As I got older, I wouldn't be as excited to go because the fair committee was all about lessening the fair and gaining profits my building more parking--dumb.  But here in WA, it's been fun exploring different fairs. Last year I did the one hear in our county, and this year it was Puyallup's turn!

Let me tell you, the concert was AWESOME!!! I haven't been to a Christian concert in awhile. The last one I went to was Jeremy Camp last year with my bro {so I guess not that long ago, but not one like this}. It was so rejuvenating to see that music that Toby Mac writes, which is a combination of rock, hip hop, Jamaican, and Christian music altogether, can still be considered worship. I mean you can be jumping up and down to the music {which is what we did} and it still be pleasing to God. So cool! I hadn't actually listened to Toby Mac in awhile, but I recognized a few of songs from the album I do have of him, from songs I listen to on our Christian radio station up here in WA, and then some he did with DC Talk {one of my all time favorite Christian bands}, the others I just enjoyed just as well, despite being able to completely sing along. 

Get Back Up has to be my favorite song he performed. Listen to it. There is so much truth and encouragement in this song. I needed to be reminded of the lyrics to this song.


You turned away when I looked you in the eye,
And hesitated when I asked if you were alright,
Seems like you're fighting for your life,
But why? oh why?
Wide awake in the middle of your nightmare,
You saw it comin' but it hit you outta no where,
And there's always scars
When you fall that far

We lose our way,
We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again,
One day you gonna shine again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever,
Lose our way,
We get back up again,
So get up, get up,
You gonna shine again,
Never too late to get back up again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever
[May be knocked down but not out forever]


You rolled out at the dawning of the day
Heart racin' as you made you little get away,
It feels like you've been runnin' all your life
But, why? Oh why?

So you've pulled away from the love that would've been there,
You start believin' that your situation's unfair


But there's always scars,
When you fall that far
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tobymac/get_back_up.html ]
We lose our way,
We get back up again
Never too late to get back up again,
One day, you gonna shine again,
You may be knocked down but not out forever,
Lose our way, we get back up again,
So get up, get up
You gonna shine again
It's never too late, to get back up again
You may be knocked down, but not out forever,
May be knocked down, but not out forever!

This is love callin', love callin', out to the brokenness,
This is love callin'.
This is love callin', love callin', out to the brokenness
This is love callin'.
This is love callin', love callin',
I am so brokenness
This is love callin' love callin

Lose our way,
We get back up again,
So get up get up
You gonna shine again
Never too late to get back up again
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever.

The main reason I wanted to go to see Toby Mac, was because of Jamie Grace. I've spoken of Jamie Grace before on a Music Monday. Her dedication and love to the Lord is so amazing. You just feel her passion for the Lord through every song; her love songs to Him. Fun fact, Toby Mac actually discovered Jamie on Youtube 2 years ago. Crazy! She didn't sing this song, although I really wish she had, but I'm gonna share it with you anyways. I just recently discovered it, or shall I say I just recently realized she sang it.  haha. Anyways, it has been SO encouraging to me this past week. It's called, Come To Me. The words to the chorus remind me that God wants me to come to Him. To lay all my burdens, lift them off my weight, and lie them on his shoulders. His strength is enough to get me through, anything. Such a beautiful reminder!

Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden
Come to me when
You're weary and
I'll give you hope when you're hurting
I'll give you rest from your burden

You just have to hear her perform the song. Reading the lyrics are one thing, but hearing her sing it, pieces it all together beautifully!


Here are some pictures of my day. I should say our, because my two fabulous friends from church came with me.


 **They're such a blessing to me**
**I was super excited to splurge and eat fair food. So excited for my roasted corn {I also shared an onion burger and curly fries-super yummy}**
**On the ferris wheel**

Hope you look forward to doing some fun, adventurous things with friends.

1 comment: