Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Strong Enough

I've just gotten out of a rut. I mentioned in this post that it's hard knowing that I've gotten through 6 months of my love being gone--but why does it seem like 2 months is hard? I've wrestled with a bunch of questions with God. Like "Why did you choose me for this path?" "What do you want from me." And my favorite "Where are you taking me?" All of these questions I am thankful that God accepts. However, that doesn't mean that He will answer them right away, if at all. I'm just grateful that He allows me to ask these kinds of questions. Actually, He views it as me being honest and open with Him. And oh boy, have I been.

I've been trying to get back to the place I was at before, a place of being positive and accepting ofmy circumstances, but to be quite frank, anxiety, worry, and impatience have crept in and have found a place to take cover. A couple of things I have found work very hard to help get these sins out and let God be in control of my attitude, circumstances, and ultimately my life.

1. Strong Enough, Mathew West. This song is soooo{with a lot more o's than that} encouraging to me. The whole song is just awesome and speaks directly to my heart. 
You must  
You must think I'm strong 
To give me what I'm going through
 
Well, forgive me  
Forgive me if I'm wrong 
But this looks like more than I can do 
On my own
 
I know I'm not strong enough to be  
everything that I'm supposed to be
 I give up, I'm not strong enough 
Hands of mercy won't you cover me 
Lord right now I'm asking you to be  
Strong enough, Strong enough 
For the both of us
 
Well, maybe  
Maybe that's the point  
To reach the point of giving up
 
Cause when I'm finally 
Finally at rock bottom  
Well, that's when I start looking up 
And reaching out

Before I heard this song, these words are exactly what I felt. I feel like this song was written for me. I know God knows what He's doing, but more times than not I find myself asking Him, "Are you sure I am meant to go through this/do this??!!? Are you sure you have the right person for the job?" But it's only through His strength that I can do anything. Period. He's the one getting me through, definitely not me and my own strength. So all the credibility goes to Him.
 
2.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." Nothing beats the power of prayer, which is what I am holding on to. But what I love about this verse, is how it continues. "19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil. 23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it." Remembering that God is faithful is key now, and always. He is so faithful, why wouldn't He be now, all of a sudden?

3. I've been catching up in my devotional {Jesus Calling, Sarah Young}, and man it's been exactly what I've needed to hear. Here are a few personal favorites {Keep in mind that these devotionals are written as if God himself were saying them-she uses scripture to back them up, I just didn't include the scripture for each devotional-but it will be easier for you to know that before you read}:

  • "I am leading you, step by step, through your life. Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy-even precacrious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future thing are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you. Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that. Relax and enjoy the journey in My presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go."
  • "You are on the right path. Listen more to Me, and less to your doubts. I am leading you along the way I desgned just for you. Therefore, it is a lonely way, humanly speaking. But I go before you as well as alongside you, so you are never alone. Do not expect anyone to understand fully My ways with you, any more that you can comprehend My dealings with others. I am revealing to you the path of life day by day, and moment by moment. As I said to my disciple Peter, so I repeat to you: follow me."
  • When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it. Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying "Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more." Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost. Well-developed trust will bring you many blessings, not the least of which is my Peace. I have promised to keep you in perfect peace to the extent that you trust in Me. The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems. My peace, however, is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My peace you are rich indeed."
4. My family and friend have been pretty awesome. I've been so encouraged my talking to different relatives and different friends-it's been a blessing. I can't thank you enough for the support and encouragement you each bring!! 
 
5. Hubby's ship is officially heading east!!! If you don't know why East is important, this is why: it's the direction of coming home!!!!! :D PLUS!! since they're in the coming home direction, they're out of 5th fleet and officially on their way to 3rd!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
 
 
Just a few more weeks. Just a few more weeks. Just a few more weeks. Just a few more weeks. 

I'm on the right track, I just need to keep my eyes on Him.

I'll leave you with the music video to Strong Enough. Listen to it-you won't regret it!
 

 Love always!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment