Monday, April 8, 2013

All This Time

2 days in a row--WOW haven't done that in awhile {maybe that will become a new trend-who knows?!?} Anyways.... I haven't done a Music Monday post, on Monday, in awhile. If you're new to this post, it's where I share a song & lyrics to an artist that I'm currently into, a new artist, or one of my faves! Music is something I love. Whether it's singing in the shower or jammin out in my car, I love a good song with a good beat. But what I love even more are lyrics. There's nothing like turning on the radio and finding a song that fits either with your current situation in life or with your life in general, either verbatim or pretty close to it. When that happens-I'm in love!!! And let me tell you, that occurred just the other day, and now the artist is my current favorite!!

The song is called All This Time, by Britt Nicole. She is a Christian singer, but with a pop-like sound. And who is that, that says that Christian music is boring and only hymn-like? She is nothing but! Love her sound, but more importantly, her lyrics and the overall message that she brings with each song. If you are interested in some of her other songs, check out Gold, Who You Say You Are, or Ready or Not~all good ones!!

All This Time, Britt Nicole

I remember the moment
I remember the pain
I was only a girl
But I grew up that day
Tears were falling
I know You saw me

Hiding there in my bedroom
So alone
I was doing my best
Trying to be strong
No one to turn to
That's when I met You

All this time
From the first tear cry
To today's sunrise
And every single moment between
You were there
You were always there
It was You and I
You've been walking with me all this time
You've been walking with me all this time


Ever since that day
it's been clear to me
That no matter what comes
You will never leave
I know You're for me
And You're restoring


Every heartache and failure
Every broken dream
You're the God who sees
The God who rescued me
This is my story
This is my story


All this time
From the first tear cry
To today's sunrise
And every single moment between
You were there
You were always there
It was You and I
You've been walking with me all this time.
You've been walking with me all this time

I head these people asking me
How do I know what I believe?
Well I'm not the same me
And I saw the proof I need
I felt Love I felt Your grace
You stole my heart that day

You've been walking with me all this time
**lyrics provided by http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/britt-nicole-lyrics/all-this-time-lyrics.html**

When I turned on the radio on Friday, this song came on. When I heard it, it immediately brought tears to my eyes. I feel like this song was written for me, and to me. Why? Because there have been so many events that have occurred in my life, where looking back I can totally see God just ushering me through, hand-in-hand, totally and 100% protecting me from what could have been and guiding me through my trials. Through every pain, trial, heartache and worry-God was there. There is no other way to explain it. No supernatural force. No distant being. No human being at that. Nope. IT WAS GOD. Period. End of story. It was Him, guiding me or rather, as Habakkuk 3:19 puts it, "The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights." God will give us the strength we need to go through our circumstances. Our circumstances are all different. But just because they are different, does not mean that God will not help you through certain ones and not others. Our circumstances are different, but one thing remains: our Sovereign Lord will provide for you the strength you need to enable you to get through. So much so, that he will make your feet like that of deer. WOW!! Whenever I envision a deer, it's lightly galloping along from one place to another, swift on it's feet, but delicate in motion. And God will enable you like that of a deer, delicately and gracefully leading you through your troubles. Again, WOW!!! Love that verse!

I just really needed to share this song with you, because I think that a lot of us need this reminder: that God has been with you through everything you have gone through. He is there-not on the sidelines, He's fighting your battles with you, leading and guiding you through them all!! How awesome is that!! What a God He is!! :D



Happy week all!!

2 comments:

  1. Jasmine,
    I don't get to read your blog as often as I'd like too and I should more...everytime, I do I am touched and feel like I know you better...The girls love Britt Nicole especially Arianna... She is always asking to play her You Tube spots...great song, great message!
    Love you my friend!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie,
    Thanks for stopping by and reading a piece from my heart! Any time you are welcome to :D Glad your girls love her-good to know that there are still great female Christian singers that the younger generations can turn to for role models and inspiration!
    Miss you and your family!
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete