Friday, August 23, 2013

A Desparately Needed Summer Recap

HELLO!!!

I know it's been a long time since I've last written. I mean, a.long.time. I mean, a loooonnnnggggg time!! BUT with that said, I really do plan to come back into full gear with my blog. I mean like regular set posts, with days that are entitled to certain "themes." I really want to document our adventures, my cooking endeavors/sometimes creations, and the crafty projects I encounter to fill our home with a taste of homemade lovin'. I'm gonna try to stick to it, and that's my word.

Since I last wrote, there have been quite a few adventures we've encountered and enjoyed, that I just would love to share. Now, I'm not going to go into full detail with some of them that I would like to, but I'll skim the surface so you can get a taste of what is goin' on with us. Here we go.

Upon Adam's return, we took a trip to the San Juan Islands, here in Washington, to relax, recoup, and rejuvenate with each other, after being apart for far too long to count. We originally were going to do a cruise, and Adam was fine with that, since being on the boat is WAY different than a cruise ship, but it cycled down once I really looked into it, and for the time we wanted to go, there wasn't availability for the places we would have liked to go. So I thought, why not do something here in WA that we haven't explored yet. And BAM! The San Juans came into mind. Since we don't have children yet, it was a perfect opportunity for us to go. Man, are we glad we chose there! It was down right beautiful!! Despite not seeing any whales {bummer!!}, we saw sea otter {from our own private beach}, a sea lion {from our hike}, and a dolphin--not too bad!! Here are a few pictures from our adventures.

 **The view we had from our private beach at our vacation rental. SO BEAUTIFUL!!**

 **The same view, but at sunset.**

 **My boys enjoying the beach. We were the only ones!!**

 **On our hike. Such a gorgeous view of WA!**
 **A view of a light house**

 **A dreamy sunrise!**

We got to celebrate Adam's birthday together this year-the first time in 3 years! So I made sure that his birthday was extra special this year!

 **Adam's present: soda/candy cake. I found the tutorial here if you're interested.
They make a great gift!!**

 **Adam surrounded by the gifts from family**

 **Of course he got the Cooney family tradition of streamers on his door to wake up to!**

**I also made him a birthday balloon wreath {with this tutorial}!!**

We got to spend 4th of July together this year, at our own home. It was kind of sad to be away from family, since this is my favorite secular holiday, but we made the most of it. We got together with some friends of ours from the ship, in the morning and evening, and were hosts for the first time TOGETHER in our own home! I loved it! I went all out and made patriotic appetizers and desserts!!

 **We watched fireworks for the first time here in WA, in Poulsbo. It was a decent show.**

 **Flag cupcakes and flag fruit kabbobs were definitely a hit on our hosting menu!**

**It's legal to light fireworks here in WA, so, yes, naturally Adam went all out in buying them. But at least we were safe in doing so {ie. see the white bucket of water. ;)}**

Adam also got to see our niece and our sister-in-law. The last time he saw them both when she was 5 months old, and she's now 2 1/2!  It was so nice to spend some time with them, although it was brief!

 **Auntie and Uncle with the silly, yet sweet Emma Grace!**

Another one of the things I was looking forward to the most in the summer, was a visit from my best friend Della, who has been in South Korea since after our wedding, which was over 3 years ago. I've seen her once since the wedding, but it was way too short of a visit. This time, she flew to my house here in WA, where we got to hang out for 4 days before I had to take her to the airport. She was surprising her family with her trip, because after she was leaving our house she was going home to Cali, and it was a blessing to get this time with each other. 

**As you can see from these snap shots of our time, we utilized it to the fullest. We explored, took adventures, walked, we introduced her to croquet, we antique shopped, we clothes shopped, we crafted, painted nails, watched movies, talked; we enjoyed each other's company to fullest. God really has blessed me with her friendship and I'm so thankful for her presence in my life! Such a great visit!

We didn't go home for the Fourth of July this year like I usually do, because one of my cousins was getting married, so we decided to go home in the middle of July instead. We went home for a week and a half, which seems like a long time, but it really isn't. It went by way too fast. We cherished the time we had together with both of our families, some of our friends, and each other. 

 **Trading the beautiful Seattle, for sunny Cali**

 **I got to meet the handsome Cayden Graham and visit with my beautiful college room mate, Christina. So fun!!**

 **We got to actually DRESS UP, go to a wedding together, and dance for the first time since our own wedding!! You don't know how happy this made me!! Such a BIG DEAL GUYS!! :D**

**Congrats to my cousin and his now wife!!**
 **Family photos, captured at the wedding**

 **My silly parents on our traditional beach kayaking trip**

 **Adam and I chest-pumping, to prepare for our awesome kayak ride.**

 **Spending our 3rd wedding anniversary, dirty of course! haha We spent it at Glen Ivy, relaxing the day away, because we earned it of course!**

 **Went to our first Angels game together, in 3 years, with excellent seats of course: front row!!**

 **Got to spend a short time with my dear friend Hannah, who I've known since birth and who is so dear to my heart! She took some family photos for us, which turned out AMAZING!!! I love that we now have some with him in his NDUBS!! Check out a few of my favorites below** 

 **Me and my honey**

**LOVE**

**Even some with BAX!!**

Another special, new adventure that we've embarked on, is adding a new addition to our family. We got another fur ball in our household now, who we I so happen to have named, Coco.

 **We're now a family of 4**

 **Meet Coco**
**Bax and Coco have slowly become best friends. It's kinda cute {and other times it's not!!}**

We got a visit in early August from Adam's dad, who helped us out with projects around the house. It was fun to have his help on things. We had fun and we know he did, too. Can't wait for the next visit from him, when we can work him hard again have fun and enjoy his company again!! ;)

 **An evening break from house projects, for a walk to the park. They got on the swings at the same time. Like father, like son they say!**

Next came my 25th birthday, which this year just so happened to earn a visit from my brother and his girlfriend. I feel kinda bad {but then kinda not}, because as you all know me I like to do bucket list things on my birthdays, so we literally spent ALL.DAY.LONG completing my bucket list things for turning a quarter of a century: completing 25 things for my 25th birthday!! It was fun, but SO very tiring!

**25 things to do on my birthday!!**

**a tradition my mom started 25 years ago: a flower for every year of birth on my birthday. This year, I chose sun flowers. LOVE my mom, and LOVING these sun flowers and LOVING the texture of the brick wall here in this pic!!**

**The main thing I did for my birthday was item #4: Do a new adventurous activity, which I chose to be Paintballing. Adam has been begging me since we started dating and I always said no. So I decided to give Adam a birthday gift on my birthday, and decided to let him shoot me; with a paintball gun of course!!**

**I left which just 1 battle wound, which isn't that bad. However, it was an illegal shot from my hubby of course. Sucker.**

 **The time together with my brother was priceless!!**

**It was so fun getting to know my brother and his girl friend as a couple. We played rounds of croquet, went out to dinner, and took them around WA. Literally. It was exhausting but so fun, as I miss them both already!!**

On my brother's road trip back to Cali, he proposed to Natalie on the Golden State Bridge. He told us a month in prior to his trip that he was going to propose and I tried to beg him to do it on the way up so we could celebrate with them and not have to keep a secret, but he wouldn't budge {guess it's not all about me ;)}. I'm so excited when I got the call on the 15th letting me know she said yes!! I cried when he told me. I don't know why I am/was so emotional about the thought of my brother getting married, but I guess it comes down to the fact that I'm just SO HAPPY FOR HIM!! Just the thought of having another sister makes me smile from ear-to-ear, since my mom never gave me one! I've been best friends with my brother since I could remember, and I'm so happy that he's found a best friend on another level-one that he can cherish and love, and spend the rest of his life with! Love ya bro!!

 **The future Mr. & Mrs. Cooney!!
**We enjoyed their company so much and are looking forward to couple events in the future!!**

I know this was a long post, but I just wanted to update {anyone who cares} on our life. Check back in with us for what we're exploring, what I'm cookin', or what I'm craftin' to add to our home decor. 

Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment